New Hampshire Reaches the World
Companies from New Hampshire easily do business with corporations and markets around the world, thanks to the New Hampshire International Trade Resource Center (NHITRC) in Concord, NH, just one hour from Dover.
- New Hampshire boasts the eighth highest share of small- and mid-sized exporters, and the fifth highest in foreign investments.
- According to NHITRC, New Hampshire ranks number one in New England in export growth rate, with 50 percent of foreign sales coming from the state’s innovative technology companies.
- The NHITRC can coordinate all facets of a company’s participation in a trade mission, from establishing face-to-face meetings, to providing guidelines on cultural etiquette. They are a one-stop information center for all data relating to international business, culture, economics, politics and contacts.
- To educate business owners on exporting, the NHITRC offers more than 30 seminars and events each year on a wide range of topics. Individual counseling is also offered, to help businesses reach their goals, and address any issues that arise in dealing with the international marketplace.
- Financial assistance is available through the NHITRC, thanks to partnerships with the U.S. Export-Import Bank, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation. The office also provides marketing services, numerous networking opportunities, and a range of logistical assistance.
To learn more, visit www.exportnh.org, or call (603) 271-8444.
Top 10 NH Commodity Exports
1) Electric machinery, sound equipment, TV equipment, parts
2) Industrial machinery, including computers
3) Optic, photo, medical or surgical instruments
4) Plastics and articles thereof
5) Aircraft, spacecraft and parts thereof
6) Iron and steel
7) Tanning and dye extracts, dye, paint, putty and inks
8) Vehicles, except railway or tramway, and parts
9) Wood and articles of wood, wood charcoal
10) Special classification provisions
Top 10 countries for NH Exports
4) China (mainland)
6) United Kingdom